Combined anti-collision and face-control solution for shovels
iShovel is a comprehensive solution package for collision avoidance, remote control and semi-automation of large mining shovels. iShovel is based on a multi-sensor concept that makes shovel operation safer, easier to handle and generates insightful process data for the IPCC control system. The system has been specifically developed for use in difficult environmental conditions. All components on the machines have a redundant layout (hot spares) to keep the system fully operational in the case of damage.
iShovel PackageCollision Avoidance
Full collision avoidance for haul trucks based on complementary sensor systems leveraging both passive and active tag technology.
iShovel PackageFace Scan
Real-time and high resolution 3D visualizations of the material face.
iShovel PackageHaul Truck Parking Assistance
Calculates the distance between shovel and truck tray to enable automation of shovel loading movements.
iShovel PackageSizing Rig
Calculates the distance between shovel and crusher hopper to enable automation of shovel movements.
Consists of several packages to optimize flow chain between shovel and IPCC equipment.
What are the benefits?
- Protection for shovels, trucks and sizing rig investments
- Faster loading cycle times
- 3D face scan, dump point position detection
- Faster, safer and more precise process with shovel dump support, truck parking assistance and other operator assistance features
- Digitalization of shovel operation and material flow for improved process insights from operators to management level (face scan, face distance)