Versatile positioning solution for mobile mining machinery, transfer points and IPCC equipment
iPosition™ is a real-time positioning solution for a huge variety of mining equipment and machinery under all environmental conditions. The positioning can be based on original indurad radar sensors or transponder technology (iRTT), complemented by GNSS/iSMU, depending on local conditions and customer requirements.
How does it work?
Solution Layout: In a typical application for an In-Pit Crushing and Conveying System (IPCC), indurad DualRangeRadar (iDRR™) sensors or iRTT (indurad RadioTransponderTag) components are installed on the machine(s). This allows for synchronizing movements of individual machines connected in the IPCC process or to automate transfer points and the reclaiming process. Further positioning options and technologies are available for IPCC, belt waggons, fully mobile crushers etc.
Why is it an improvement?
Common Technologies: About 90% of all Mobile Transfer Points all over the world today are still operated manually and monitored by human eyes.
Positioning based on human senses
- Severe accidents because of human error and missing information
- Operator fatigue due to short attention periods and long stand-by times
- Differences in operator experience and performance
- Availability of GPS satellites generally outside of immediate control of mining companies in unpaid services
- GPS multipath propagation and sudden position deviations as a result of mine site topology and local steel infrastructure
- GPS jamming in urban areas (such as ports) by passive noise of electronic devices
- Intentional attacks and sabotage of GPS signals
Overcoming Limitations: iPosition™ is slowly developing into an industrial standard for the following reasons:
- 100% under control of the mine
- Redundant and robust sensor concept
- No complex communication or synchronization required
- Only a very limited number of sensors on the discharging belt
- Extreme reliability under harsh conditions
- Easy to maintain
- Can detect passive conveyor belt lines for crawler type hopper cars
What are the benefits?
The customer benefits are highly dependent on the individual operation at hand. Usually, our customers report one or several of the following significant cost savings or benefits that come with iPosition™:
- Best practice and average in repositioning time may easily vary by 50% at typical IPCC repositioning (crusher advance of 15-30 minutes every 4 hours). This brings easily 5% more production time!
- Optimization of crew size and tasks (operators and service personnel)
- Reduction of corrective movements and fewer collisions with the belt frame
- Reduction of wear and tear due to overuse of corrective controls
- Increase in safety due to automation and reduced personnel in dangerous areas
- Easy integration as PLC simply receives simulated joystick commands