3D Volumetric Online Radar Inventory Control for Domes, Bunkers & Large Clinker Silos
iDome™ is a multiple sensor solution for bulk material storage facilities such as domes or very large silos to create real-time volumetric content information and 3D images of any stockpile.
How does it work?
Solution Layout: The required number of indurad DualRangeRadar (iDRR™) sensors is installed underneath the dome roof, on a rotary stacker or any other suitable position inside the dome. The indurad RadarProcessingUnit (iRPU™) collects all incoming raw radar data from the iDRR™ units to create the 2D heightmap and 3D model in iWEB™ as well as the PLC telegram.
If rotary stackers are used in the dome, the iStacker™ solution is required as it integrates sensor position changes coming from an absolute rotary encoder.
Why is it an improvement?
Common Technologies to measure the contents of domes all come with a large number of disadvantages and limitations. 1D Radar Solutions
- Are restricted to single-point probes
- Suffer from high latency and low update rates
Ultrasonic measurement devices
- Are easily distorted by machine drive noises
- Have problems with dust clouds, changing temperatures or pressure
2D/3D Laser-based solutions
- Do not work in dusty environments due to scattering of laser light
- Have many moving parts and tend to break in high-vibration environments
Other technologies like manual surveying or mathematical models are very limited as well. These issues are addressed in detail at the iStacker™/iStockpile™ solution pages.
Breaking Limitations: iDome™ pushes the limits for level gauge measurement with regard to performance, reliability and accuracy:
- Provides fully reliable 3D visualization and volumetric measurements
- Provides special information like material over feeders etc.
- Allows to work under pressure and temperature changes as they tend to occur in high altitude
- Allows to work in strong metallic environments with cell-based filters for structural steel beams
- Allows to work in snow, dust, rain and fog where optical and acoustic sensors fail
- Maintenance-free: put up and forget
What are the Benefits?
iDome™ gives you full control of the inventory of your dome, providing real-time information and 3D images in the indurad iWEB™ interface. Both for operator assistance or full automation, iDome™ is the ultimate answer, as it combines highest reliability with best user friendliness:
- 3D Model of filling volume and dome shape
- Color-coded 2D height map
- Areas for overfill protection user-selectable by drag&drop when there are multiple inlets or outlets
- No more cost-intensive and dangerous manual stockpile surveying
- Integrates easily into any SCADA/PLC/MES system
- No cleansing, no maintenance required
Where is it used?
Industries/Materials: iDome™ is installed in customer sites around the world in a wide spectrum of domes of different sizes. iDome™ is a highly reliable and worry-free volumetric measurement solution for industries that demand exact and permanently up-to-date information about the contents in their storage facilities for quick reaction times:
- Material handling, power plants and steel (coal, ore)
- Cement (clinker)
- Mining, stone and soil (rock, sand, gravel)
- Chemical industry (fertilizer, salt)
- Agriculture (soybeans, grains, meal products)
If you want to know more about this solution, please contact us directly.