Crane, Tripper Car or Portal Scraper based Linear Scanning Stockpile Management
iStockpile™ provides several supportive features that combine highly precise volumetric measurement and positioning functions in one single solution. iStockpile™ is the ultimate and highly endurable answer both for full tripper car automation, scraper/reclaimer automation and highly reliable operator support in difficult or unhealthy surroundings.
How does it work?
Solution Layout: Several indurad DualRangeRadar (iDRR™) sensors are mounted onto one or more tripper cars, a scraper portal or an overhead gantry crane in the stockpile facilities in order to scan the surface of the bulk material below.
The position of the tripper car is permanently tracked by the indurad LinearDynamicRadar (iLDR™) with highest precision. Both types of information (bulk material profile and position) are then fused by the indurad RadarProcessingUnit (iRPU™) in order to create real-time volumetric information and permanently updated 3D images of the bulk material.
Why is it an improvement?
Common Technologies are often inaccurate (e.g. 1D level probes), unreliable (like lasers or ultrasonic devices), or rarely up to date (for instance manual surveying results). As 1D probes (e.g. ultrasonic devices) generally are very unsuited, this technology is not addressed here (Please see iSilo™/iDome™ for more on ultrasonic).
- Have issues with dark materials, such as black coal
- Black color means no light is reflected, so consequently no laser is reflected too
- Are sensitive to dust
- Require permanent cleaning and maintenance
- Integration errors by summing up inflow and outflow from belt scales over time etc.
- Errors from the assumed angle of repose (changes with water content, particle size etc.) and uncontrolled surface according to stacking/drawing process
- Manual manipulation of the stockpile with dozers or loaders
- Stockpile slump at steep slopes cut by a reclaimer
- Typically updated only once a month
- Surveyor need to access potentially unsafe locations
- Requires special skilled staff
- Large potential error chain from surveying, data conversion and human communication
- Downtime for measurement
Breaking Limitations by providing real-time accurate 3D models and precise volume measurements of the entire pile independent of all environmental conditions during full operation.
- indurad 3D radar outperforms other systems in precision and reliability
- Provides a solid data base for production execution and inventory management
- Feeder control optionally available
- Tripper car speed and position control by volume flow
- Material quality tracking
What are the Benefits?
The system provides reliable real-time measurements that form the basis of any kind of inventory control, remote operation or automation of stockpiles.
- Exact inventory control at any time
- Exact height information of the stockpile at any place
- Exact positioning of tripper car, scraper, reclaimer, gantry
- FIFO Stockpile Management for sticky material such as sulfur, salt, steam coal
- High precision and high realiability
- Basis for remote control and automation
Where is it used?
Industries/Materials: The iStockpile™ solution is used in many industries from mining operations via power production and cement companies to the petrochemical industry. It can be employed wherever bulk material is stocked and stockyards are operated by tripper cars:
- Copper (primary crushed ore)
- Copper (secondary crushed ore)
- Copper (concentrate)
- Coal stockpiles
- Cement raw mix blending stockpiles
- Sulfur and salt (incl. first-in-first-out operations)
If you want to know more about this solution, please contact us directly.